Click here for Annex 1.
The "Shaping My Punggol" exhibition was held in May '08 as part of the overall Remaking Our Heartland Plans for Punggol Town. One of the strategies for Punggol is to introduce more housing choices. On 12 Dec 08, HDB will launch a waterfront housing design competition for the first public housing parcel along Punggol Waterway. This marks another important milestone in the remaking plans for Punggol to realise its vision “A Waterfront Town of the 21st Century".
- To generate fresh, innovative and new design ideas for high-rise public housing along the waterway.
- To secure the best housing design and concept for the first waterfront parcel.
- To introduce new sustainable development concepts and features to realise the theme "Green Living by the Waters".
Scope of Competition
Under Stage One, the competition area will be the Housing District, west of Punggol Town Centre. The total area is approximately 26.6ha comprising various uses such as residential, common green, educational institutions, religious sites and transport facilities.
This competition provides an opportunity for participants to propose a new Master Plan for the housing district in order to develop the urban design proposals. The participating firms are also required to propose innovative architectural concepts / proposals for the first public housing parcel fronting the Punggol Waterway. In developing their proposals, the participants will take into consideration some important design concepts along the following four dimensions:
a) Housing @ Punggol Waterway
b) Communities @ Punggol Waterway
c) Environmental Sustainability
The judging panel will shortlist up to five submissions to progress to Stage Two of the Competition.
Under Stage Two, the competition area is approximately 4.9 hectare, comprising Parcel A (1.8 hectare), Parcel B (2.7 hectare) and a common green (0.4 hectare). The two parcels and the common green are to be designed together to achieve an integrated layout and synergy with the flexibility to launch the two parcels as separate contracts for sale.
The shortlisted firms are required to form their own multi-disciplinary teams to further advance the design concepts proposed in Stage One into an implementable, full architectural design solution for the first public housing parcel. This first public housing parcel along the Punggol Waterway will set the new benchmark standard for the rest of the developments within the 4.2 km long Punggol Waterway Corridor.
The winning team will be appointed as the Consultant team to execute the design.
· Registration Opens: 12 Dec 08 (Friday)
· Technical Seminar for registered participants: 11 Feb 09 (Wednesday)
· Registration Closes: 16 Feb 09 (Monday)
· Stage One Submission Deadline: 9 Apr 09 (Thursday)
· Short-listed firms informed of progression to Stage Two: End May 09
· Stage Two Submission Deadline: 21 Aug 09 (Friday)
· Results and public exhibition: Oct/ Nov 2009
As reported in SGPressCenter.
1 Landscape design contest for Punggol waterway
2 Announcing Punggol Waterway Competition Results
3 Punggol Waterway Winning Design